Jobs at CTC
CTC is currently seeking to fill a full-time administrative position as well as roles for our fall touring production of The Ugly Duckling. Please see info below for specifics.
Managing Director, but accountable to Outreach Director & Business Administrator for daily work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate & schedule all Outreach programming, including workshops, residencies, student matinees, and touring performances; regular communication with schools & other community partners as well as Teaching Artists; daily management of complex calendar system; coordination of onsite staff for student matinees.
- Process & manage Accounts Receivable for Outreach programming in coordination with Business Administrator.
- Collect & manage data for Outreach programming, including day-to-day accountability for budget & grants, participation statistics, assessments, and surveys.
- Work with relevant artistic staff to help create study guides & surveys for Outreach programming.
- Work with Associate Artistic Director to manage assessment data for Conservatory programming.
- Assist Outreach Director, as well as Managing Director, Artistic Director & other Team members as needed, in staffing, budgeting, & marketing aspects of Outreach programming.
- Assist Outreach Director & Grants Manager regarding funding, reporting and evaluation of Outreach programs.
- Assist Outreach Director, Communications Director, Managing Director & other Team members as needed, in coordinating & executing marketing & communication efforts.
- Participate as part of the core Box Office team that manages box office on a rotating schedule.
- Assist Development Team with events planning & execution.
- Assist Administration with other tasks as needed.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Strong organizational, multitasking, & time management skills; Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficient problem-solver.
- Self-motivated; Confident, effective communicator – oral & written.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively & efficiently work on teams.
- Good working knowledge of & comfort with general office technology/software; Experience with QuickBooks accounting software preferred; Experience with desktop publishing a plus.
- Previous experience in program management/ administration strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle a sometimes loud, chaotic office environment & shared working spaces.
- Enjoy working around children & enthusiastically support the organization’s mission & programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years in program administration required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits and a fun, casual, creative working environment. Equal opportunity employer. Some local travel, as well as some evening & weekend work.
With a mission to develop youth & our community through excellence in comprehensive theatre education & performance, Commonwealth Theatre Center is home to the Walden Theatre Conservatory, one of the leading programs for youth theatre arts in the U.S., and Blue Apple Outreach, which brings innovative theatre education to schools & community partners region-wide. Visit www.CommonwealthTheatre.org for more info.
Please email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
1123 Payne Street | Louisville, KY 40204 | www.commonwealththeatre.org
Professional Actors Wanted
Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:00-11:00 AM
Commonwealth Theatre Center is seeking actors for its upcoming fall musical The Ugly Duckling (September, October, November, December dates). The production will feature a diverse company of non-equity male and female actors with experience in theatre for young audiences. Actors work under contract and are paid for rehearsal time and per performance. Daytime availability is required.
Actors of all ethnicities encouraged to audition. Seeking actors with dance (esp. hip hop) experience. Seeking male actors with rap experience.
What to prepare:
- 1 minute contemporary comedic monologue
- 16-32 bar up-tempo song
- 6-8 lines demonstrating rap ability (optional)
To register for an audition slot, send headshot/resume to: email@example.com.
If available, include additional resume with teaching, administrative or technical experience.