Development Manager – now hiring!
Jobs at CTC
Thank you for checking our jobs postings.
CTC is currently seeking to fill the position below.
Commonwealth Theatre Center
FULL TIME, EXEMPT; REPORTS TO: Managing Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with board & staff development team to help create goals, objectives & tactics for fund development.
- Fundraise through major gifts, annual fund, sponsorships, planned gifts, in-kind gifts, and special campaigns to support organization’s mission and meet contributed income goals to establish & fulfill fundraising objectives.
- Identify & cultivate sources of support in accordance with Managing Director & board-approved goals.
- Deepen relationships with current stakeholders, research & cultivate donor prospects, and recruit new donors with a level of enthusiasm that will drive momentum for all fund development efforts.
- Develop & execute donor recognition programs.
- Lead the planning & organization of fundraising events.
- Manage fundraising database; Create fundraising reports as needed.
- Collaborate regularly with Managing Director & Artistic Director to ensure a clear & accurate interpretation of organization’s vision & direction.
- Work with Communications Manager to execute stakeholder communication strategy as it relates to fundraising, events, and donor management, including regular assistance with social media accounts.
- Help promote organization’s brand & messaging to existing & prospective donors and the community at-large.
- Assist Administration with other tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or a combination of education, training, and experience resulting in demonstrated competency to perform the work.
- At least two (2) years of nonprofit fund development or philanthropy experience (preferred).
- Fundraising database experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, methods & techniques of successful fund development, including digital platforms.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal & relationship-building skills with variety of people & personalities.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, & time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative & ownership of projects and work with minimal direction & supervision.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and creatively on a tight budget.
- Ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals & groups about organization’s mission & programs.
- Ability to handle a sometimes loud, chaotic office environment & shared working spaces.
- Proactive & positive attitude in fast-paced, fluid environment. Extroverted, highly social personality preferred.
- Enjoy working around children & enthusiastically support the organization’s mission & programs.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits. Fun, casual, creative working environment. Some evening & weekend work. Frequent local travel – valid driver’s license & reliable transportation required. Frequent interaction with public & team members in person, on computers & phones. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Commonwealth Theatre Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups encouraged to apply.
With a mission to develop youth & our community through excellence in comprehensive theatre education & performance, Commonwealth Theatre Center is home to the Walden Theatre Conservatory, one of the leading programs for youth theatre arts in the U.S., and Blue Apple Outreach, which brings innovative theatre education to schools & community partners region-wide.
Visit https://www.commonwealththeatre.org/ for more info.
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.