Public Health Preparedness at CTC
Most recent update: March 11
Commonwealth Theatre Center has been monitoring updates from authorities regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We continue to operate on our normal schedule with classes, rehearsals, and performances going ahead as usual, and we’ll watch for public health updates that could affect our operations. We’ll inform you if anything changes.
Following recommendations from the CDC, we’ve put in place a number of enhanced protocols to help keep our facility sanitized. We also been active in promoting frequent hand washing and other healthy practices among staff and students, and have posted public health signage and “wash hands” reminders throughout the building to offer encouragement.
In addition to our efforts, we ask our stakeholders to follow some easy preventive measures:
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly (especially after using the bathroom, before and after eating, and after coughing or sneezing) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Help younger kids wash hands well.
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Stay home when you’re not feeling well.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (including phones and devices).
Thank you for working with CTC to maintain a safe, healthy community.
If you have additional questions about COVID-19, you can contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at 1-800-232-4636.