COVID-19 Guidelines and Practices
This page is updated as circumstances or guidelines change.
All information below is current as of March 11, 2022.
Click the button to report if you or someone in your household has contact with CTC and any of the following are true:
- Has tested positive for COVID-19, and/or;
- Is exhibiting symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle aches, headache sore throat, diarrhea, or change in sense of smell and/or taste), and/or;
- Has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who is exhibiting symptoms potentially consistent with the virus.
Policies & Procedures for In-Person Classes
(Compliant with Kentucky & CDC guidelines for operating during COVID-19)
CTC has implemented a number of processes to make in-person programs as safe as possible.
Everyone in the building is expected to arrive in masks and remain masked when appropriate. Staff and students must maintain appropriate social distance at all times. Please review the Arrival, During Classes, and Class Dismissal sections below for a full list of requirements. Thank you!
CTC Precautionary Measures
- A CTC staff administrator will be present during classes to assist during arrival and dismissal, supervise children in isolation, and be point-of-contact should issues arise (call 502.589.0084).
- Isolation area will be ventilated and supervised by a CTC staff administrator.
- Thorough cleaning of every classroom will be performed before and after every class. All common areas, and all high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Most staff are remote working; strict protocols are in place for limited presence in the facility.
- Signage of COVID-19 symptoms and prevention measures as well as hand sanitizer are placed throughout the building; touchless navigation of the facility is possible and encouraged; single-direction stairwells have been designated to enforce social distancing measures.
- Guests – including parents – will not be permitted in CTC’s facility without an appointment. To make an appointment, contact appropriate staff directly via email. If during class hours, call the main office line to speak to the CTC staff administrator on duty.
To make an appointment, please contact appropriate CTC staff directly via email, as per the Contact Catalog in the handbook. If during class hours, call the main office line to speak to the CTC staff administrator on duty.
Disciplinary procedures for non-compliance with these procedures will follow a 3-strike rule.
Disciplinary procedures for non-compliance will follow a 3-strike rule. Students will be gently reminded of the rules (e.g. keep mask on). In the event students accrue a third incidence of noncompliance in a class period, or if students refuse to comply (e.g. re-establish proper social distance or put mask on), they will be removed from class, placed in the isolation area, and guardians called for pickup. Students asked to leave 3 times during the semester will forfeit their right to attend in-person classes for the remainder of the semester. No refunds will be issued.
Please visit the Team Kentucky webpage for additional news, including information on testing sites and laboratories performing testing for Kentuckians.