Jobs at CTCThank you for checking our jobs postings. CTC is currently seeking to fill the full-time position below. In addition, CTC has posted an open call for actors for our March 2020 production of A Streetcar Named Desire. Please scroll down for that posting.
Commonwealth Theatre Center
FULL TIME, EXEMPT Reports to Managing Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Financial Management:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of accounting & bookkeeping practices. Maintain working knowledge of accounting system(s) & perform and/or oversee all bookkeeping functions. Manage multiple bank accounts. Manage daily cash flow. Work closely with Managing Director and Board to ensure overall financial health & stability of the organization.
- Prepare financial statements & reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, and analyses of future earnings/expenses. Prepare reports for regulatory authorities, granting agencies, tax exemption documents, etc. and for review by Managing Director & Board Treasurer. Assist Managing Director in preparation of annual budgets and re-forecasting.
- Conduct informal audit of books to ensure proper record keeping. Coordinate formal audits by arranging for and assisting independent auditors.
- Maintain accounting records related to tracking restricted/unrestricted grants. Prepare info for grant proposals & reports as needed.
- Prepare annual charitable gaming documentation.
Human Resources Coordination:
Gather & calculate employee salaries/wages and contractor payments. Maintain knowledge of current payroll tax legislation. Coordinate bi-weekly payroll with payroll service. Prepare 1099s.
Serve as coordinator of human resources & administrator of all employee benefits, including open enrollment periods, employee changes with appropriate vendors, and liaising with insurance carriers, agents, and staff.
Provide administrative support for staffing, including processing background checks, maintaining appropriate files, and preparing separation notices (i.e. unemployment, benefits) & related filings.
Manage contracts and contractor files.
General Office Administration:
- Serve as general office manager including stocking & purchasing office supplies. Facilitate purchase of royalties, props & costumes as needed.
- Oversee technical support needs, including managing contracts for office equipment and service contracts for technical support assistance. Coordinate outside services for technical support.
- Manage Business Associate staff, as well as business-related functions of Program Administration staff.
- Oversee registration (fall, spring, summer) and Business Associate staff performing registration functions. Process financial aid applications & awards.
- Oversee databases and work with staff to ensure consistency & accuracy of information.
- Oversee incoming & outgoing mail processes.
- Assist with planning, organization & execution of events.
- Help promote all programs, events, campaigns, etc. to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. A combination of education, training, and experience resulting in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience and proven proficiency in accounting, bookkeeping, and office administration roles. Previous nonprofit accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced computer proficiency including Excel, Word, QuickBooks.
- Customer service oriented with excellent oral & written communication; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize & manage multiple priorities, to think ahead & plan over multi-year timeline.
- Trustworthy; demonstrated understanding of the importance of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Ability to solve problems independently, work successfully under pressure, and work creatively on a tight budget.
- Ability to handle a sometimes loud, chaotic office environment & shared working spaces.
- Proactive & positive attitude in fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Maintain valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation & auto insurance.
- Successfully pass background screenings.
- Enjoy working around children and enthusiastically support the organization’s mission & programs.
Salary commensurate with experience, as appropriate for a mid-size nonprofit organization. Generous benefits. Fun, casual, creative (sometimes noisy!) working environment. Some evening & weekend work. Occasional local travel. Frequent interaction with stakeholders in person, on computers & phones. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Commonwealth Theatre Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
With a mission to develop youth & our community through excellence in comprehensive theatre education & performance, Commonwealth Theatre Center is home to the Walden Theatre Conservatory, one of the leading programs for youth theatre arts in the U.S., and Blue Apple Outreach, which brings innovative theatre education to schools & community partners region-wide.
Visit https://www.commonwealththeatre.org/ for more info.
Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Commonwealth Theatre Center Announces an Open Call for
A Streetcar Named DesireBy Tennessee Williams Director: Hallie Dizdarevic
Audition Date: Monday, December 9th from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. Auditions will be held at Commonwealth Theatre Center: 1123 Payne Street Louisville KY, 40204 Auditioning actors should bring a head shot and resume and prepare a contemporary monologue. In addition to the monologue, actors will prepare provided sides from the script. Please email Hallie Dizdarevic (email@example.com) to schedule an audition and to receive sides.
Seeking actors to fill the following roles:
- Stanley Kowalski
- Eunice Hubbell
- Steve Hubbell
- Neighbor Lady
- Latinx Woman
- Young Collector